- 2 medium very ripe bananas , (about 276 grams)
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter , or any other nut/seed butter
- 150 grams rolled/old fashioned oats
- Any additions that you fancy – choc chips, seeds, raisins etc
- (Jess always adds cinnamon or mixed spice too)
To oven bake
- Preheat oven to 350F (175°C). Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until a wet, smooth puree.
- Add the peanut butter and mix together, working out any peanut butter lumps.
- Add the oats and chocolate chips (or whatever addition you have) and stir well to combine.
- Use a cookie/ice cream scoop or hands to create balls to transfer onto baking liner. Depending on how big of a ball you do, adjust the cooking time a little to compensate.
- Once transferred onto the liner, press each cookie mound down into an approximately half inch thick round and smooth around the edges to neaten them up.
- Press a few chocolate chips into the top and bake for 11 to 12 minutes, or until golden on the bottom and lightly browned and set on the top and sides. These aren’t a crispy cookie, so will have some give if you press into the tops.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.