Buckwheat porridge tastes nutty and hearty even when eaten sweetened and with fruits or berries.
- Making this buckwheat breakfast is super easy, just like making regular oatmeal, but considering one extra step, which is soaking the buckwheat kernels for a few hours or overnight.
- This step is not mandatory, however soaking the buckwheat makes it more digestible, softens it and allows for a shorter cooking time in the morning.
- But if you forget it, don’t worry, just cook the buckwheat groats a little longer.
- 100 g + 1 tablespoon buckwheat groats
- 400 ml milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- Wash the buckwheat, place it in a bowl. Cover with cold water. Leave to soak for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. Drain well.
- Place in a saucepan and add the milk. Blend the buckwheat very shortly with a handheld blender, about 5-6 pulses are enough, the buckwheat should still have a coarse texture.
- Add the ground almonds and stir to mix.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring often, for about 10 minutes or until the porridge has thickened.
- Banana porridge:
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon almond butter/ peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds/ peanuts
- sprinkle of cinnamon