- 200 g pearl barley
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 150 g red grapes halved
- 1 stick celery chopped
- 200 g tin of kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch salt optional
- Rinse the barley thoroughly then add it to a saucepan with the curry powder and 400ml water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 45 minutes. If the pan goes dry add a little more water. Leave to cool.
- Toast the sunflower seeds in a dry frying pan.
- Mix all the ingredients together. Season with a little salt and black pepper and serve.