- 2 large tortillas
- 80g salsa
- 80g cooked black beans (How to Cook Black Beans (From Scratch!))
- ½ green onion, finely chopped
- Salt, pepper & cayenne to taste
- 3 tbsp brown rice, cooked
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 2 tsp corn kernels
- 2 leaves lettuce, shredded
- ½ fresh tomato, chopped
- 3 tbsp red bell pepper, sliced
- In a small bowl, mash beans and salsa with a fork. Don’t overdo it; it’s okay when some beans retain their texture.
- Add green onion, salt, pepper and cayenne to taste. Mix until well-combined.
- Fill each tortilla with half of the cooked rice, bean mixture, corn, avocado, lettuce, tomato and bell pepper.
- Make sure your burritos are not too full so that you can still roll them!
- Fold in the sides and roll it tightly, closing both ends. Repeat with the other burrito.
- Place them both seam side down into a frying pan and grill over medium-high heat for around 3-5 minutes until brown and crispy.
- Flip with a spatula and grill for another 3 minutes. Cut in half and enjoy!