Gram Flour Frittata
- 2 cups (200g) finely chopped broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, bell peppers (any color), or zucchini (or a combination)
- 1/4 cup (30g) finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup (30g) tightly packed finely chopped greens
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (135g) chickpea flour (garbanzo bean flour)
- 1 1/2 cups (360ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60g) plain unsweetened or lightly sweetened yogurt or thick cashew cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon kala namak (Black salt for eggy flavour)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1 tablespoon organic safflower or other neutral oil
- 1/2 cup (15g) chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9-inch (23cm) pie pan (or line it with parchment paper).
- Vegetables: In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, onion, greens, and salt. Toss to combine.
- Batter: In a blender, combine the flour, water, yogurt, salt, kala namak, turmeric, cayenne, pepper, and oil. Blend until smooth. (Alternatively, whisk the ingredients together in a large bowl until smooth.)
- Add the broccoli/veggie mixture to the batter. Add the cilantro, thyme, and dill and mix well. Pour the frittata mixture into the prepared pie pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean. The top will crack and get golden. Spray or brush some oil on the top of the frittata while it is still hot. Let it sit for 10 minutes before serving. Store refrigerated for up to 3 days.