- 90g dry quinoa
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 180g finely chopped tomatoes
- 150g finely chopped cucumber
- 1 finely chopped roasted red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water and drain. Bring 1¼ cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add the quinoa, cumin, and turmeric and return to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Remove the pan from the heat, fluff the quinoa with a fork, and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
- While the quinoa cools, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, roasted red pepper, basil, and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Stir in the cooled quinoa and season with salt and pepper.