- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, or ½ white onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 100 g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 100 g risotto rice
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- ½ tbsp white wine vinegar, (Optional)*
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes, (Optional)**
- Fresh parsley, to serve
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add the shallot and garlic and cook on a medium-low heat until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the risotto rice and vinegar. Immediately pour in a ladle of stock and bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Wait for the rice to absorb the liquid, before adding another ladle full. Repeat for approximately 30 minutes, until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked. Add more hot water, if necessary.
- Once cooked, stir in the nutritional yeast (if using), stir in a handful of chopped fresh parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
*White wine vinegar adds extra flavour but it still works well without it.
**Nutritional yeast adds a cheesy flavour but again, still works well when left out.