Who said that quinoa can only be savoury?! Check out this Choccy Breakfast alternative
- 270g quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 25g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or more if you like it a bit sweeter)
- 473ml plant-based milk, for serving
- 2 large pears, peeled and sliced
- Cook quinoa according to directions (How To Cook Quinoa). Drain, and stir in cocoa powder and maple syrup while hot. Let stand 5 minutes to develop the flavours.
- Serve warm with milk and sliced pears for breakfast. If serving as a dessert: Stir the milk into the hot quinoa then chill; add sliced pears just before serving.