Burger Mix Burger
Ready in 20 minutes
Serves 2 burgers
- 84g Burger Mix
- 110ml Water
- 16ml Oil
- Pre heat oven to 180C
- Place dry mix into a mixing bowl
- Add water and oil mix into the mixing bowl
- Combine all ingredients until thoroughly mixed
- Form into a burger shape of required size eg 100g
- Place burgers on a baking tray (or reusable liner) and place in oven for 10-12 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!!
Ready in 30 minutes
Serves 4 burgers
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tbsp flaxseed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 76g TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein)
- 1 tbsp stock + 120ml hot water
- 50g rolled oats
- 400g black beans
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
BBQ sauce optional for coating
To serve – lettuce, tomato, onion, burger buns or wedges, salad
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a non-stick pan over a medium heat. Once hot, add the onion and saute for 3 minutes, or until translucent. Then add the garlic and saute for another minute until fragrant. Set aside.
- In the meantime, crush or ground the flaxseeds, then cover with 3 tbsp of hot water and set aside. (This forms a ‘flax-egg’)
- Place sunflower mince in a bowl. Pour the hot vegetable stock over it and stir to coat. Set aside.
- Put the oats in a blender and process them into a flour.
- Add the beans, TVP, flax-egg, sauteed onions, garlic, tomato paste, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper and pulse a few times until a moldable dough forms.
- Form the mixture into 4 burger patties, about 1-inch thick. Set on a plate.
- Heat a non-stick pan and cover the bottom with remaining oil (may need to add more) add the burgers and cook for about 5 minutes or until well browned, then flip and cook from the other side too.