(Also great for breakfast)
- 24 g cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 45-75 ml maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 360 ml Any Plant Based Milk (or light coconut milk for creamier texture!)
- 96 g chia seeds
- To a small mixing bowl add cacao powder (sift first to reduce clumps), maple syrup, ground cinnamon, salt, and vanilla and whisk to combine. Then add a little dairy-free milk at a time and whisk until a paste forms. Then add remaining dairy-free milk and whisk until smooth.
- Add chia seeds and whisk once more to combine. Then cover and refrigerate overnight, or at least 3-5 hours (until it’s achieved a pudding-like consistency). It may also be helpful to give the mixture an extra whisk/stir once it has been in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes.
- Leftovers keep covered in the fridge for 4-5 days, though best when fresh. Serve chilled with desired toppings, such as fruit, granola, or coconut whipped cream.
- 500 ml unsweetened plant milk of your choice,
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 85 g chia seeds
- Add the liquid ingredients to a mixing bowl (plant milk, syrup, and vanilla extract) and whisk until well combined.
- Incorporate the chia seeds and whisk again.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to eat, stir well, serve, and top with ingredients like fresh fruit, dried fruit, nuts, seeds, cacao nibs, dark chocolate, jam… Or even with a little bit of nut butter!
- Keep the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.