TVP can be used instead of or as well as oats for a change up of oatmeal to start your day!
- 1/3 cup TVP granules
- 2/3 cup unsweetened plant milk (for instance soy or almond)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- low carb sweetener to taste
- optional: vanilla extract, nutmeg, fruit etc.
Put all the ingredients into a small pot and bring it to a boil. Turn down the heat and let it cook for 10-15 minutes, until the TVP is soft. Stir often so the porridge won’t burn to the bottom of the pot. Eat it warm or let it cool down and eat it cold. It will keep for a few days in the fridge.
MAPLE TVP PROTEIN “OATMEAL”
- 1 Cups water
- 1/3 Cups Texturized Vegetable Protein (TVP)
- 2 Tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed/linseed
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice/ cinnamon/ nutmeg/ whatever you fancy
- 1/2 tsp maple extract (can use vanilla)
Add all ingredients, stir, and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook about 10 mins, until mix thickens.